Osmo Polyx Oil High Solid
Osmo Polyx Oil High Solid: Polyx oils are developed from natural oils and waxes to provide the most hardwearing and durable protection for wooden flooring. The wood's true beauty is accomplished by using Osmo Polyx®-Oil. The emphasis on the wood's grain and natural characteristics provides a warm and rich effect to ensure that any interior looks luxurious and elegant. Each wood has its own style and unique charm, and is seductive from the first sight.
BENEFITS and ADVANTAGES
- Ideal for solid wood flooring or cork flooring, as well as wood furniture, trim, cabinets, toys, composites and oriented strand board;
- Clear, glossy to matt wood finish that uniquely combines the advantages of natural oils and waxes in one product;
- In comparison to conventional finishes, the use of plant ingredients creates a more evenly coloured and more harmonious appearance;
- Simple application – without primer or intermediate sanding – this saves time and money;
- Suitable for wood- microporous surface allows the wood to breathe and reduces swelling and shrinkage;
- Osmo Polyx Oil High Solid are hardwearing and extremely durable;
- Preserves the look and feel of natural wood;
- Benzene free solvent — leaves nothing toxic behind when dry;
- The surface becomes water-repellent, dirt-resistant and resistant to wine, beer, cola, coffee, tea, fruit juices, milk and water, according to DIN 68861-1A (German Industry Standard);
- Enhances the wood's natural character;
- Resistant to common liquid spillages such as water, juice, tea, cola and wine;
- Saliva-resistant and sweatproof, suitable for children's toys;
- Microporous, breathable finish which does not crack, peel or flake;
- No sanding necessary for spot repairs or future applications.
Osmo Polyx Oil High Solid is ideal for protecting all wooden floors, such as solid wood and plankwood flooring, blockstrip, OSB and cork floors, as well as furniture.
Based on natural plant oils and waxes (sunflower oil, soya oil, thistle oil, carnauba wax and candelilla wax), paraffin, siccatives (drying agents) and water-repellent additives. Dearomatized white spirit (benzene-free). This product fulfils EU regulations (2004/42/EC) according to the VOC content of max. 500 g/l (Cat. A/i (2010)).
- Can sizes: 0.375L, 0.750L, 2.5L, 10L;
- Specific gravity: 0.88-0.95 g/cm³
- Viscosity: 95-240 mPas
- Odour: faint/mild, after drying odourless
- Flash point: >60°C acc. DIN EN ISO 2719
Up to 5 years and longer if can is kept dry and closed tightly. If thickened by frost, store for 24-36 hours at room temperature before use.
- Wood surface must be clean, dry and frost-free (moisture content max. 18%).
- Osmo Polyx Oil High Solid Original is ready to use, please do not thin. Stir well before use.
- Clean old microporous stains thoroughly. Old paints and lacquers must be completely removed. As a general rule, wear a dust mask during sanding works. Fill small cracks, larger joints or holes in wood (with Osmo Wood Filler).
- Sand wood surfaces carefully. Begin with coarse sandpaper – final sanding work for flooring P120-150, for furniture P180-240. Before oiling the surface, remove sanding dust with a broom or vacuum.
- The finished surface is, among other things, influenced by the wood‘s natural characteristics. Therefore, a trial application is always required, especially for unfamiliar surfaces.
METHODS OF APPLICATION
Apply thinly to the clean and dry wood along the wood grain with Osmo Natural Bristle Brush, Osmo Microfibre Roller or Osmo Floor Brush 150 mm, and spread well.
Allow to dry for approx. 8-10 hours with good ventilation.
After drying, quickly apply a second coat also thinly.
When renovating or recoating an already oiled surface, one coat applied to the clean and dry surface is usually sufficient.
CLEANING OF TOOLS
With Osmo Brush Cleaner (free of aromatic compounds).
Approx. 8-10 hours (normal climatic conditions, 23°C/50 % rel. humidity). Lower temperatures and/or higher air humidity can increase the drying time. Allow for good ventilation while drying.
After 2-3 weeks, the surface is completely and thoroughly hardened.
1 litre covers approx. 24 m² with one coat. Product coverage depends significantly on the character of the wood. All information refers to smooth and planed/cut surfaces. Other surfaces may lead to reduced coverage.
Oils enhance the natural tone of wood (permanent wet effect). Applying the product too generously and insufficient ventilation lead to delays in drying.
For dark and extractive-rich hardwoods (e.g. Wenge, Merbau, Jatoba etc.), we recommend using Osmo Wood Wax Finish Clear Extra Thin. A trial application is recommended.
For cork surfaces, due to their high absorbency please ensure that the wood finish is applied especially thinly. On cork, longer drying times are to be taken into consideration (at least 24 hours).
Caution: Apply max. one coat thinly to cabinet interiors and drawers with a cloth.
Wood surfaces treated with Polyx-Oil are easy to maintain. Remove coarse dirt with a broom or a vacuum cleaner. To clean, add Osmo Wash and Care concentrate to mop water and clean the surface with a damp (not wet!) mop.
To refresh and clean intensively, use Osmo Liquid Wax Cleaner when necessary.
If a higher gloss level is desired, after thoroughly drying apply Osmo Liquid Wax Cleaner thinly and polish when dry.
- Keep out of the reach of children. Do not get in eyes, on skin, or on clothing. Contains 2-butanonoxime. May produce an allergic reaction. If medical advice is needed, have product container or label at hand. Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area.
Warning: Wash out any used cloth impregnated with this product immediately after use or store in an air tight container (danger of self-ignition). The dried finish is classified as B2 (normal flammability) according to
DIN 4102 regulations.
- 3011 Clear Gloss
- 3032 Clear Satin
- 3062 Clear Matt
- 3065 Clear Semi-Matt
3011 Clear, Glossy Looks elegant: light is reflected back and lets the flooring stand out.
3032 Clear, Satin - The subtle, noble shimmer resembles satin and emphasises the wood grain modestly.
3065 Clear, Semi-matt - Optimally balanced variation. Glossy surfaces become duller over time, matt surfaces become glossier. Semi-matt floors stay the way they are.
3062 Clear, Matt - For an almost completely natural look. Light reflections are diffused
A videoclip presentation from Osmo for Osmo Polyx Oil High Solid: