Osmo Wood Wax Finish
Osmo Wood Wax Finish is a satin, transparent or intensive wood finish which combines all the advantages of oils and waxes in one unique product. Resistant to water and dirt, is wipe-proof and stain resistant. Easy application - no need for sanding between coats, which saves time and money. Resistant against liquid spillages and the dry finish is safe for humans, plants and animals.
Transparent or intensively coloured wood finish, which combines the advantages of natural oils and waxes in one product in a unique way.
Osmo Wood Wax Finish is dirt-resistant, water-repellent and wear-resistant and results in a surface that is pleasant to the touch. The wood structure stays noticeable. Easy application, without any primer or intermediate sanding – saves time and money.
Suitable for wood, microporous, does not crack, peel, flake or blister. Resistant to wine, beer, cola, tea, fruit juice, milk and water according to DIN 68861-1A – no water spots. When dry, finish is safe for people, animals and plants (saliva-resistant and sweatproof according to DIN 53160 (German industrial norm), suitable for children‘s toys as per EN 71.3 (European norm)).
Osmo Wood Wax Finish is suitable for the protection and decoration of wood in the interior: wall panelling, mouldings and beams as well as doors. It is also suitable for edge-glued panels, chipboard and MDF. Ideal as a coloured primer for wooden flooring and to recoat darkened wood surfaces.
Highly recommended for furniture and children’s toys.
Based on natural plant oils (sunflower oil, soya oil, thistle oil, linseed oil, carnauba wax and candelilla wax), paraffin, iron oxide and organic pigments, titanium dioxide white pigment, siccatives (drying agents) and water-repelling additives. Dearomatised white spirit (benzene-free). This product fulfils EU regulations (2004/42/EC) according to the VOC content of max. 400 g/l (Cat. A/e (2010)).
- 0.125L, 0.375L, 0.750L, 2.5Lmetal pails (10.1 litre);
- Specific weight: 0,90 -1,3 g/cm³
- Viscosity: >70s DIN EN ISO 2431/3 mm, viscid
- Odour: faint/mild, odourless after drying
- Flashpoint: >61 °C, acc. DIN EN ISO 2719
- Approx. coverage: 24m²/L with one coat
- No. of coats: 1-2
- Application temperature: +5°C
- Drying time: 24 hrs.
Up to 5 years and longer if can is kept dry and closed tightly. If thickened by frost, store for 24 - 36 hours at room temperature before use.
- The wood surface must be clean, dry and frost-free (max. 18% moisture content).
- Osmo Wood Wax Finish is ready to use, please do not thin. Stir well before use.
- Clean old microporous stains thoroughly. Old paints and lacquers must be completely removed. As a general rule, wear a dust mask during sanding works. Fill small cracks, larger joints or holes in wood (with Osmo Wood Filler).
- Sand wood surface carefully, begin with coarse sand paper – final sanding work for flooring P100-150, for furniture P180-240. Before applying oils, remove sanding dust from the surface by sweeping or vacuuming.
- If possible, please apply the first coat to all sides before installation.
- The finished surface is, among other things, influenced by the wood‘s natural characteristics. Therefore, a trial application is always required, especially for unfamiliar surfaces.
METHODS OF APPLICATION
Transparent coloured (1 coat): Apply very thinly to the clean and dry wood surface along the wood grain with Osmo Natural Bristle Brush or Osmo Microfibre Roller and spread well.
For a more subtle stained effect, apply thinly with a lint-free cloth and within 20 minutes, wipe away cleanly and evenly. Allow for good ventilation while drying.
Intensively coloured (2 coats): Apply very thinly to the clean and dry wood surface along the wood grain with Osmo Natural Bristle Brush or Osmo Microfibre Roller. Allow for good ventilation while drying. Apply the second coat - also thinly.
Note: Larger areas can also be coated by using a scraper. Afterwards massage in with a white pad.
Important: For mechanically loaded areas, e.g. flooring, we recommend max. 1 coat and then generally a thin top coat with clear Osmo Polyx Oil Original; for white coloured flooring, a top coat with lightly white pigmented Osmo Polyx-Oil Tints 3040 White.
In general, intensively coloured applications (2 coloured coats) are not recommended for flooring due to the risk of applying too much product.
CLEANING OF TOOLS
With Osmo Brush Cleaner (free of aromatic compounds).
Approx. 24 hours (normal climatic conditions, 23 °C/50 % rel. humidity). Lower temperatures and/or higher air humidity can increase the drying time. Allow for good ventilation while drying.
1 litre covers approx. 24 m² with one coat. Product coverage depends significantly on the character of the wood. All information refers to smooth and planed/cut surfaces. Other surfaces may lead to reduced coverage.
Applying the product too generously and insufficient ventilation lead to delays in drying time and the typical smell of oil.
Choose colour tones that match the natural tone of wood or a darker colour tone (trial application).
Oils enhance the natural colour tone of wood (permanent wet effect).
For dark and extractive-rich hardwoods (e.g. Wenge, Mahogany, Merbau etc.), we recommend applying Osmo Wood Wax Finish Clear Extra Thin. Trial application is recommended.
Caution: Apply max. one coat thinly to cabinet interiors and drawers with a cloth.
- Flammable liquid and vapour.
- Keep out of the reach of children. Do not get in eyes, on skin, or on clothing. Contains 2-butanonoxime.
- May produce an allergic reaction. If medical advice is needed, have product container or label at hand.
- Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area.
- Dispose of contents/container in accordance with chemical waste disposal regulations (AVV 08 01 11).
- Warning: Wash out any used cloth impregnated with this product immediately after use or store in an airtight container (danger of self-ignition).
A videoclip presentation from Osmo: