Wakol PU280 Polyurethane Primer: is for priming absorbent and non-absorbent subfloors, and to reinforce abraded concrete edges. Also for capillary ascending humidity and higher residual humidity up to 6 CM% in cement paving without floor heating on heated cement paving up to max. 3 CM%.
1-component reaction resin primer for:
- priming absorbent and non-absorbent subfloors
- reinforcing abraded concrete edges
- blocking excessive residual moisture up to max. 6 CM% in cement screeds without floor heating
- blocking excessive residual moisture up to max. 3 CM% in cement screeds with floor heating
- blocking excessive residual moisture up to max. 7% by weight in concrete indoors and outdoors
- solvent-free according to TRGS 610
- suitable on underfloor heating
- suitable for wheelchairs
- Raw material base: polyurethane resin
- Drying time: approx. 40 - 50 minutes, at least 2 hours for quartz-containing layers
- Cleaning agent: WAKOL RV 105 Neoprene Dilution, in fresh condition
- Storage time: 12 months in tightly sealed containers
- Storage temperature: not below +5°C, sensitive to frost
- Application and consumption *:
- 100 - 150 g/m² at only one application as primer, with Primer roller, velour or foam roller
- 250 - 350 g/m² at double or triple application as moisture barrier, with Primer roller, velour or foam roller
* - Consumption is dependent on surface structure and absorbability of subfloor.
The subfloor and the climatic conditions of the room must meet the requirements of DIN 18356 or DIN 18365. The subfloor and the room climate conditions must satisfy the requirements of DIN 18365. Exempt from this is only the residual humidity contents of the subfloor if WAKOL PU 280 Polyurethane Primer is being used for blocking capillary humidity. Mechanically pretreat and thoroughly vacuum-clean calcium-sulphate-based screeds according to manufacturer's specifications or according to the currently applicable standards and codes.
WAKOL PU 280 Polyurethane Primer may only be used as moisture barrier on permanently moisture resistant subfloors and for blocking off capillary moisture. WAKOL PU 280 Polyurethane Primer may not be used on subfloors with permanently ascending moisture and steam diffusion. The product does not replace anx waterproofing of building according to DIN 18195 part 4.
Shake WAKOL PU 280 Polyurethane Primer well before using. Apply evenly with WAKOL primer roller, velour or foam roller, avoid puddles. If WAKOL PU 280 Polyurethane Primer is used as a moisture barrier, it must be applied crosswise in 2 layers. Each layer must form a thin, continuous film. After the primer has dried, but within 24 hours, apply an adhesion bridge with WAKOL D 3045 Special Primer or WAKOL D 3074 Primer Concentrate and trowel with Wakol Levelling Compound. Instead of applying the dispersion based primer, a third polyurethane based primer application. In this case, sprinkle entire last layer with WAKOL S 28 Sprinkling Sand before primer dries. After the primer has dried, at least 2 hours, sweep and vacuum the surplus sand.
Levelling with Wakol Levelling Compounds may be done after the subfloor is completely dry. Precoated areas may be walked on after approximately 40 - 50 minutes. Wakol Polyurethane Resin Adhesives e.g. WAKOL MS 260 Parquet Adhesive, firm-elastic , WAKOL MS 250 Parquet Adhesive, elastic, WAKOL PU 210 Parquet Adhesive or WAKOL PU 270 Polyurethane Adhesive can be applied directly on the dried primer WAKOL PU 280 Polyurethane Primer within 24 hours.
Do not use at temperatures below +15°C. In cold weather, warm up WAKOL PU 280 Polyurethane Primer in due time in heated room. All information is based on approx. 20°C and 65% relative air humidity.
Do not use WAKOL PU 280 Polyurethane Primer on existing floor coverings, like PVC, CV, rubber and linoleum floorings or in combination with WAKOL D 3074 Primer Concentrate or WAKOL D 3073 Universal Primer under parquet and in layer thickness of the levelling compound above 3 mm. During the work, it is recommended to use protecting goggles and gloves. If splashes are in the eyes, rinse with plenty of water and consult a physician. Splashes on the skin may be removed with water and soap. Cleaning must be done at once.
The manufacturer guarantee the uniform high quality of their products. All data is based on tests and many years of practical experience and refers to standardised conditions. The variety of materials used and the different construction site conditions, which lie beyond our control, preclude any claims based on this data. We therefore recommend making sufficient trials. Accompanying flooring manufacturer's instructions and the currently applicable codes must be observed. In addition to these specifications the laying instructions of the covering manufacturer and the presently valid standards and information leaflets, especially the leaflet ‘Polyester and Epoxy Resins’ issued by the Trade Cooperative Association of the Chemical Industry obtainable from the Carl Heymanns Publishing House in Cologne must be observed.
We gladly provide technical advice.
Video presentation from Wakol: