Wakol MS 260 Parquet flooring adhesive firm-elastic
Wakol MS 260 Parquet flooring adhesive firm-elastic: WAKOL MS 260 Wood Flooring Adhesive is a one component, firm-elastic, and premium adhesive for the interior installation of wood floorings, such as solid strip, plank, finger parquet, engineered wood plank and laminate. MS 260 has excellent sound reduction properties, long working time, "low slump" properties and high tensile strength. Designed to be used with Wakol PU 280 moisture barrier and has been tested and guaranteed with Loba coating systems.
Area of application
Firm-elastic, one component parquet adhesive for laying
- 10 mm solid wood lam parquet flooring according to DIN EN 1322;
- mosaic parquet according to DIN EN 1348;
- on-edge lamella parquet according to DIN EN 14761, min. 16 mm thick, max. 200 mm in length;
- strip parquet according to DIN EN 13226;
- multi-layer parquet according to DIN EN 13489;
- solid wood planks according to DIN EN 13226 and DIN EN 13990 (up to max. 18 cm in width, oak up to max. 20 cm in width);
- wood-block RE / WE according to DIN 68702;
- cork flooring (planar) i.a.w. ISO 3813 or DIN EN 12104;
- cork flooring with HDF / MDF intermediate layer and cork stabilising layer on absorbent and non-absorbent subfloors indoors.;
- In connection with WAKOL Special Spatula 5 suitable as an adhesive with an integrated moisture barrier exclusively for types of parquet with tongue and groove joint on unheated cement screeds up to 4 CM% or 85% corresponding relative humidity.
Characteristics and Advantages:
- one-component, easy to handle;
- firm elastic;
- good adhesion to almost all substrates and timber materials, splashed material can be easy removed;
- firm texture – retains trowel pattern;
- solvent-free according to the definition of TRGS 610;
- complies with DIN EN 14293;
- water-free – no wood swelling;
- very high final strength;
- risk of cracks minimized;
- suitable for underfloor heating;
- rapid initial bonding strength;
- versatile usage;
- splashed material can be easy removed.
- 16Kg plastic bag in pail;
Application and consumption:
(Consumption is dependent on surface structure and absorbability of subfloor).
- 400 - 450 g/m² Cork flooring;
- 800 - 1000 g/m² Mosaic and small-sized ready-to-lay parquet;
- 700 - 900 g/m² Large-sized ready-to-lay parquet, cork flooring on supports;
- 1000 - 1200 g/m² Lam, on-edge lamella, strip flooring, small-sized ready-to-lay parquet and wood-block paving;
- 1100 - 1300 g/m² Large-sized strip flooring and ready-to-lay parquet, as well as solid wood planks;
- 1700 - 1800 g/m² Types of parquet with tongue and groove joint up to max. 4CM% or 85% corresponding relative humidity.
The subfloor and the room climate conditions must satisfy the requirements of DIN 18356.
Subfloors must be permanently dry, firm, level and free of cracks, contamination and substances which hinder bonding.
Calcium sulfate concrete must be pretreated mechanically and vacuumed according to the instructions of the manufacturer or among the relevant norms. If the composition floor is free of dust, the parquet flooring may be bonded directly with WAKOL MS 260 Parquet flooring Adhesive, firm-elastic. If a precoating is necessary, e.g. for cast asphalt, only use WAKOL PU 280 Polyurethane Primer. Observe the drying times of the precoates.
On unheated cement screeds up to 4 CM% or 85% corresponding relative humidity, WAKOL MS 260 Parquet Adhesive, firm-elastic can be used as moisture barrier. In this application, only the above-mentioned types of Parquet with tongue and groove joint have to be laid.
For laying flat-lying cork floorings the subfloor must be level. Concrete subfloors must be levelled with appropriated cement-based Wakol levelling compounds.
Application method and tools:
Using a notched trowel, apply uniformly on the subfloor, avoiding adhesive pools.
Immediately insert the parquet flooring and press down firmly. Ensure that the underside of each wooden element is sufficiently coated with adhesive.
Fit cork flooring and press down with a manual roller. After 60 and 120 minutes, again press down the sections laid with a floor roller.
Immediately after using, clean tools with WAKOL RT 5960 Cleaning cloths. After hardening, WAKOL MS 260 Parquet flooring Adhesive, firm-elastic, can be removed only mechanically.
Please also refer to the instructions for use provided by the parquet manufacturer.
Do not use WAKOL MS 260 Parquet flooring Adhesive, firm-elastic directly on cast asphalt, use a precoate before.
Solid wood lam parquet flooring must not exceed a thickness/width ratio of 1:5.
Do not use below + 15° C or above 65% relative air humidity. During cold weather periods warm up parquet and adhesive in due time.