Sikabond T52 FC Elastic wood flooring adhesive
Sikabond T52 FC Elastic wood flooring adhesive: is a gun or trowel applied elastic wood flooring adhesive for use with any width board. It is also used in conjunction with silent layer mats as part of the AcouBond system.
- full surface bonding: solid and engineered wood floors - (strips, longstrips, planks, panels, boards), mosaic parquet, industrial parquet, lam parquet, wood paving (residential) as well as chip boards can all be fully bonded;
- full surface bonding with SikaBond® Dispenser-5400 / -3600 / -1800: solid and engineered wood floors (strips, longstrips, planks, panels, boards), mosaic parquet, industrial parquet, lam parquet as well as chip boards can all be bonded;
- the Sika® AcouBond®-System: solid wood boards (tongued and grooved), 3-ply engineered wood as well as chip boards can all be bonded;
- beaded application: solid wood boards, 3-ply engineered wood as well as chip boards can be bonded.
Characteristics and Advantages:
- one component, ready to use;
- solvent free;
- Very low emission EC-1;
- fast curing properties;
- floor can be sanded after 12 hours (full surface bonding, +23°C / 50% r. h., up to 1 mm adhesive thickness);
- excellent workability, very easy to extrude;
- good initial tack;
- elastic, footfall sound-dampening adhesive;
- suitable for most common types of wood floors;
- especially suitable for problematic woods including beech, maple and bamboo;
- suitable for bonding wood floors directly onto old ceramic tiles;
- reduces stress to the substrate: the elastic adhesive reduces stress transfer between the wood floor and the substrate;
- suitable for use with sub floor heating;
- compensates for some substrate unevenness;
- adhesive can be sanded.
- 13Kg metal pails (10.1 litre);
- 600ml sausages (20 sausages per box)
Application method and tools:
- Full surface bonding - SikaBond T52 FC is applied to the properly prepared substrate directly from the pail and uniformly distributed by notched trowel. Press the wood floor elements firmly into the adhesive so that the underside is fully wetted. The elements can the be joined together using a hammer and a impact block. Many types of wood floors have to be tapped from the top. A distance of 10-15mm from the wall to the wood floor must be observed.
- Cordon application: After the preparation of sausage and gun, extrude a triangular shaped cordon of adhesive approximately 10mm high and 8mm wide at 100-250mm centres (depend on wood floor type) on the properly prepared subfloor. Press the wood floor elements firmly into the adhesive (at right angles with adhesive cordons). The elements can then be joined together using a hammer and a impact block. The require distance from the wall to the wood floor in the laying instruction from the wood floor manufacturer must be observed.
- Fresh, uncured adhesive remaining on the wood floor surface must be removed immediately with a clean cloth and, if necessary, cleaned with Sika Remover-208 or Sika Handclean cloth. Hardened - cured material can only be mechanically removed.