Sikabond 5500S Rigid wood flooring adhesive
Sikabond 5500S Rigid wood flooring adhesive: SikaBond 5500 S is a single part combination of synthetic resins contained in organic solvents and is used as solvent based rigid adhesive for bonding wood block parquet and engineered boards onto porous substrates.
Use for full surface bonding of:
- traditional parquet blocks and engineered wood floors, mosaic parquet, industrial parquet and end grained wood paving on cement, anhydrite, and poured asphalt sub-floors;
- can be used over underfloor heating installations.
Characteristics and Advantages:
- one component, ready to use;
- very good spreadability;
- suitable for most common types of wood floors;
- especially suited to wood block refurbishment projects where bitumen adhesive residues are present;
- suitable for underfloor heating
- adhesive can be sanded.
- for full surface bonding only. Ensure that the contact faces of the wood elements are fully wetted with adhesive. 0.8 - 1.2 Kg/m² depending upon size of notched trowel used and subfloor surface profile;
- for the bonding of long or wide boards or in case of uneven substrates it could be necessary to use a notched trowel with bigger notches (avoid hollow section);
- for substrates prepared with Sika Primer MB, the consumption of SikaBond 5500S is lower.
- clean and dry, homogeneous, even, free from grease, dust and loose particles;
- paint, cement laitance and other poorly adhering particles must be removed;
- Standard constructions rules must be observed.
- concrete/cement screed: must be clean, dry, contaminat free and thoroughly cleaned with industrial vacuum cleaner;
- anhydrite screed/anhydrdite flowable screed: must be ground and thoroughly cleaned with industrial vacuum cleaner and primed with Sika Primer MB or SikaBond 5500S diluted 1:1 with thinner EG;
- underfloor heating: after through preparation and commissioning of the heating system, the entire floor area must be primed using a mixture of 1 part SikaBond 5500S to 1 part Sika Thinner EG (by volume). Roller apply and allow to cure;
- SikaBond 5500S can be used without priming on cement floors, poured asphalt and wooden floor panel providing they are dust free and permanently dry.
Application method and tools:
Full surface bonding: SikaBond 5500S is only suitable for full surface bonding and should be applied to the subfloor NOT the wood elements. SikaBond 5500S should be applied to the properly prepared substrate directly from the pail and uniformly distributed by notched trowel. Press the wood floor elements firmly into the adhesive so that the underside is fully wetted. the elements can then be joined together using a hammer and an impact block. Many type of wood floors have to be tapped from the top. A distance of 10-15mm from the wall to the wood floor must be observed in all cases.
Avoid getting adhesive on the side of the wood elelemns. Fresh, uncured adhesive remaining on the wood floor surface must be removed immediately with a clean cloth and if necessary cleaned with Sika Remover -208. Test wood floor surfaces for compatibility with Sika Cleaner 208 before use.
The laying instructions of the wood floor manufacturer as well as standard construction rule must be observerd.
Cleaning of tools: clan all tools and application equipment with Sika Remover 208 or Thinner EG immediately after use. Hardened or cured material can only be mechanically removed.